How to propagate mint from cuttings
Propagating mint is an easy way to get new mint plants. Best to take cuttings in spring and summer.
Follow the instructions step-by-step
Step 1 Step 2
1. Take cuttings from the top growth, about 8-10cm in length. Use a sharp knife or secateurs.
2. Remove the growing tip with a sharp knife or a pair of scissors.
Step 3 Step 4
3. Prepare the cutting by making a final cut just below a leaf node.
4. Remove the lower leaves.
Step 5 Step 6
5. Put a stem of mint in a clean glass of water. Place the glass out of direct sunlight on a windowsill.
6. After a couple of weeks, the stem has formed a root system.
Step 7 Step 8
7. Pot the cutting up in a small container. Water well and keep the compost slightly moist.
8. The mint cutting will quickly produce new growth.
How to care for mint plants. See Mint