How to propagate mint from cuttings
Propagating mint is an easy way to get new mint plants. Best to take cuttings in spring and summer.
Follow the instructions step-by-step
Step 1 Step 2
1. Take cuttings from the top growth, about 8-10cm in length. Use a sharp knife or secateurs.
2. Remove the growing tip with a sharp knife or a pair of scissors.
Step 3 Step 4
3. Prepare the cutting by making a final cut just below a leaf node.
4. Remove the lower leaves.
Step 5 Step 6
5. Put a stem of mint in a clean glass of water. Place the glass out of direct sunlight on a windowsill.
6. After a couple of weeks, the stem has formed a root system.
Step 7 Step 8
7. Pot the cutting up in a small container. Water well and keep the compost slightly moist.
8. The mint cutting will quickly produce new growth.
How to care for mint plants. See Mint
How to propagate English ivy